Subject: [Leica] Leica Yearbook
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:20:28 +0800

Dear Peter,

Count me guilty of using both non-Leica body and non-Leica lenses photos for
the 2013.

It doesn't mean that:

1. I have abandoned Leica. (Still a Leica diehard.)
2. Shots are better in non-Leica gear.

The photos I submitted were the ones I thought most appropriate for my
personal specific photo feature this year: Candid Portraits.

Those produced by my non-Leica bodies with dedicated lenses best
complemented each other thus producing the photos I was seeking for.
Unfortunately those by Leica weren't. No reflection on Leica gear, just did
not produce any with either my Leica M or R lenses and Leica bodies.

Naturally I would have loved to use the M240 which I booked when it was
first launched. However the retail price of the equivalent of USD8400 here
in Asia is way too rich for me. And the results of Leica glass on my Sony
A7R which seems a good compromise, can only be used for next year's yearbook
if at all.

Jim was open to non-Leica gear. Geoff seems much less so (I stand
corrected). No issues, I'd either take the challenge or change my intended
photos to be featured.

Am waiting for my YearBook to arrive and would be interesting to know if I
am the only one who shot totally non-Leica. You?

Still a Leicaphile,

David Ching

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica Yearbook)