Subject: [Leica] Leica Yearbook Future
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 09:14:12 -0800

Scott Gregory OFFERED!
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Yearbook Future

>I for one prefer Jim's idea of all the photos being winners.

Hi Scott
Agreed emphatically! It was never thought to be a "BEST PHOTO ETC"  kind of
a competitive book. " WINNER?" That can become a deterrent to submission for
many folks. After all, we are all "WINNERS" because we are in hearts, "LEICA
USERS ALL!"

And please don't come back that many have had to change their gear due to
camera costs as that's just part of life? SO GET OVER IT! :-)

Besides many of the CREW see the LUG as I do.. "The FAMILY!" Not as a place
of "so called competing for a winning spot, location, cover?"

It's a wonderful book for each and every one of us to have a "BOOK WITH OUR
TWO PHOTOS PUBLISHED ...ALONG WITH OUR NAME!" Quite honestly one of the
neatest things about being an amateur, professional or retired. Or certainly
if one is a rank amateur and just starting out happy snapping?

"Wow! Look at my two pictures! Don't they look neat?" And you near pee yer
pants with such a nice glow seeing them in "PRINT WITH YOUR NAME!"

No winners please? No favourite cover to aim for! And most certainly not a
competition judged by a selection of  "FAMILY  MEMBERS!" Quite frankly doing
that would be the end of the book for sure! I have no doubt submissions
would decline rapidly and it wouldn't be a LUG BOOK any longer! Besides who
needs stress about winning or not?

It's all about a couple of photos published! In many cases for the "VERY
FIRST TIME?" :-) "WITH THEIR NAME!" :-)
Yeah I know I've said that a few times? ;-) But that's what it's all about!
Being published! With yer name! :-) Two photos! :-)

See you all about September 2014? :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Message from scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Leica Yearbook Future)