Subject: [Leica] OT: I've retired NOT ME! :-)
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:31:12 -0600

All very true, Ted

I am 72, and as of the first am cutting my professional time greatly to
allow more time for other pursuits.  It isn't lost on me that I have
survived many clients.  The pattern I see is a Type A male who "retires"
and is then under the ground in short order.  There are also studies
showing a high incidence of depression among successful people who
formally retire (loss of familiar faces and surroundings, etc.).  I feel
fortunate that we have interests that will keep us active for years to
come, I hope.  (TV is definitely not in the mix.)  Your health advice is
right on too (brain hemorrhage here three years ago from pushing too
hard on an elliptical machine).

Best,

Ken