Subject: [Leica] Laser Printer
From: alal at poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 19:50:35 -0500

I posted this in response to a recent thread where a Lugger was seeking
recommendations for a laser printer. This Brother is about the least
expensive laser printer I have seen recently, hence the link. Of course, the
original poster will make his own decision.

Regarding toner cartridges, Brother's pricing is pretty standard. Any
manufacturer's light-medium duty laser printer cartridge will be more or
less in the same price range, check the prices of comparable HP, Canon or
Brother, printers for yourself.

Most, if not all, makes of inkjet and laser printer cartridges are now
chipped so that even if they could be refilled the printer would still not
print unless a new OEM toner/ink cartridge is installed. That's how these
companies make their profits. Consumers have virtually no say in the matter.

BTW, if you think black laser toner cartridges are expensive, check out the
prices of ink packs for home colour inkjets.
.