Subject: [Leica] Leica R lens on a Sony A7r body results
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 07:52:05 -0800

On Dec 9, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Frank Filippone <red735i at verizon.net> wrote:

> More than "adequate".......
>
> You are in the ideal situation of having had RF and SLR bodies using the 2
> traditional (optical) VF methods of eye level cameras.
>
> How was the overall viewfinder experience of using the A7r compared to the
> optical solutions of the past?

it's easy to forget it's an evf, and there are  some advantages to it, this
from someone who in the past swore off such things.

> Did you shoot anything in dim light? Ditto the experience question...

well for one thing you can see...

the focussing issue, it easier to focus than M' and R's

remember, I used jpeg fine bw, with focus peaking in red...so I was seeing
the image in bw, when it was in focus the edges were red,  a snap...

> Shutter lag?
> The X-E1 works in magnified focusing mode as :  Change to normal
> magnification, then release shutter... a slow lag.  Is the Sony similar?

yes, with an appropriate lens with electronic communication, with an old
manual lens no,  but above applies and is true...

Steve