Subject: [Leica] Sant Felip de Neri School
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 22:47:22 +0100

Very nice set, Lluis, and poignant story. Photographically, I like the last
one best, of the children reading together. The lack of willingness to
acknowledge atrocities of the Civil War is also evident in Alicante, where
300 people were killed by an aerial bombardment in 1938 on the plaza behind
the Mercado Central. The fascists knew that the square would be crowded that
particular day because the city was under siege, there was hunger and that
day a delivery of sardines was arriving. Only a few years ago was a small
plaque placed in the wall of the Mercado to commemorate this, and only this
year was a larger monument installed on the square itself.

Un abrazo,
Nathan