Subject: [Leica] Leica Buys Sinar
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:35:12 -0600

On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:13 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> It occurred to me that they may have bought Sinar to eliminate them as
> competition. I think they already had 51% ownership of Sinar.

Seems a stretch;
though I have no clue "why" Leica bought Sinar.

My fantasy digital "view camera:"
1) a large sensor
2) MF CCD quality though probably Cmos
3) Live View to a 5x7, 6x9 or 8x10 to HiRes Retina Display
4) Full movements
5) Sufficient micro lenses to allow radical tilt, shift, swing, etc. with
wide lenses

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com