Subject: [Leica] Conwy
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:18:10 -0500 (EST)

Conwy was a few minutes from our home in Menai Bridge (Anglesey). We
always liked to visit for a step back in time. The 13th century town
walls still exist and it is possible to walk the wall around the whole
center section of the city, peering into second floor windows, on
stones that were laid 700 years ago. The castle itself is fairly well
preserved. It was used as a military base until the 1600's and was
fortified and attacked during the Cromwell rebellion. The reason for
the town?s preservation has little to do with the British love for
antiquity. Rather is is due to the fact that the main highway to
England bypassed the town, leaving it as an occasionally visited
backwater.
Larry Z
- - - -
I love Conwy. We go there often when visiting my daughter in Anglesey.
The best fish and chip shop I know is at the bottom of the high street.
They still fry in beef dripping.
That Church has a very weird, much modified-over-the-years tower and
clock.
Frank Dernie