Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:20:31 -0800

This is similar to a technique I observed once at an employee conference
during a Q+A session....
Ask a general question... get an answer of,   " Please give me a specific
situation to answer to:...
Ask a specific question, get an answer of...  " That is not generally
true....."
\Went on like this for an hour....   As far as I could tell, no question was
answered.

Doug,, this is about focusing for amateurs/mere mortals, of which I think
you are well above.....and I did define it as so.....

MF, and especially M cameras, are less than optimum for accurate focus using
todays available cameras.  Whatever their limitations of camera design, they
are not optimum.

Sorry that you do not like my prediction of the future of cameras.....  in a
few years, we will see whether the prediction was right....  You are, of
course, entitled to your own opinions.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Frank Filippone wrote:

>I never said that anything is the universal solution.  I said for us
>mere mortals...

I'm as mortal as anyone else.

>  BTW, if you were using an M, RF camera ( no Viso stuff),  can YOU
>imagine focusing precisely at the distance of that bunny you posted,
>same lens, and nailing the iris, on more than low probability?  Which
>is the argument at hand.

I wouldn't use an RF camera for this purpose.  If you wnat to discuss RF
fofuccsing, why bring up ...

>Today's DSLR's

>Add to this the ability of our eyes, at ages of 40, 50,60, or more to
>actually focus on anything and you have a mess....

My eyes are 61 years old, I've been using glasses for 21 years.

>Good AF is the key to focus accuracy in the digital age...
>The solution is AF or EVF with enlarged magnification.

Oh dear, here we go again....

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com