Subject: [Leica] OT: Muscle Shoals movie
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:06:24 -0700

Tina wrote:
>We lived in the Tri-City area in Sheffield for several years but I don't
>remember any swamps!

Hmmm!  I've never visited that exact area so I really can't comment.  But
in the west Tennessee area nearby  there are quite a few places that might
qualify as cypress swamps.  Reelfoot Lake is one.  Maybe the term as I used
it is misleading, but there were lots of scenes of Tennessee River
shoreline with cypress trees growing from the water.  Maybe that's
technically not a swamp.  OTOH the rhythm section featured in the movie was
called "The Swampers."

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE