Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Sea of Champagne - REPOST, Steve, Jayanand
From: gwpics at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 09:33:04 +0000

It was a few years back, and I had a one-man show in Laon for two weeks
(I think) so we spent the 2 weeks touring the area to get more images.
The show was well received and I was honoured that the local press
compared me to Robert Doissneau, a great compliment. My shots were all
on film, digital was not around I think, certainly I wasn't using it!
Certainly an area always worth a visit.

One of my memories is staying in a really cheap hotel just off the main
square in Chalon(?). there was a woman staying there who brought a large
potted plant down to breakfast every morning and talked to it. We also
saw her shopping with the plant. I also remember the 'patron' sat behind
the desk in a sleeveless vest and with braces for his trousers. He
looked as though he had not bathed for months, but the run down hotel
was spotless (thanks to his wife!)

Memories!

Gerry