Subject: [Leica] Storm clearing Yosemite
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 22:27:12 -0600 (CST)

Really nice shooting Aram.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8 at hotmail.com>
To: "lug" <lug at leica-users.org>, "Leica Reflex" <LeicaReflex at
freelists.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2013 5:51:46 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Back from 2 months on the road.  Lots of photos to work on.  Our last stop
was Yosemite, on our way home from SoCal to Yakima.  Spent almost a week
there, and on the second day it snowed, then cleared out.  Made a trip
around the park and took these from Tunnel View.

View these large to get the full effect.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f3_001/y/Yosemite-6188.jpg.html

It had warmed up enough that the snow was gone from the trees in the
foreground.  Too bad.

The clouds were very dynamic, covering and uncovering features as the storm
slowly receded to the east.  Here is El Capitan peaking through.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f3_001/y/Yosemite-6202.jpg.html

After freezing for about 30 minutes, half dome started to peak through in
the distance, but Bridalveil falls was now behind some clouds.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f3_001/y/Yosemite-6215-Edit.jpg.html

And if one waits along enough, sometimes you are rewarded.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f3_001/y/Yosemite-6245.jpg.html

Back to Lightroom to see what else I have.

Comment and criticism welcome.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson