Subject: [Leica] Central Part of the Image
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 17:59:41 -0800 (PST)

I often note how Leica mentions how true its lenses are from edge to edge,
that we are not confined to jut the central part of the image.

Whether it was in the darkroom or now in Photoshop, I could care less about
the edges. I like to darken the edges, to vignette the photo. It draws
attention to the subject, which often is not at the edge (though not
centered). A little, and I mean just a little, goes a long way.

That said, I appreciate the quality of the edge with a Leica lens. It means
I can use the corners, the edges if I wish to, whereas with most other
lenses, the edges leave a lot to be desired. Since I like to work with wide
angle lenses, this becomes critical.?

All of this is to say that while I smile at Leica's claim I am glad it is
true.?

Cheers,

Doug