Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 22:24:05 -0700

None of the samples of A7 and A7r shots that I have seen have rigorously
specified how the images were made.

In particular they don?t say if they are native JPEG files or derived from
RAW files. This matters great deal.

Until someone can do some serious work with a production camera, using
production RAW file conversion, we won?t know a lot.

I don?t own any Leica glass wider than 35mm and I?m unlikely to unless I win
the lottery. That?s not to say that the performance of wide Leica glass on
the A7r doesn?t matter because there?s a relatively large group of
photographers with care.

I think that R lenses should do well.

But really, for all the talk, it?s meaningless until all the pieces are in
place. In December we?ll have a much better idea.

Until then it?s opinion.

Adam

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7)
Message from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7)