Subject: [Leica] conductor photo
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 07:36:28 -0800

A great reason to love EVF...... Nocti and Lux Heaven.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

to get / test focus open and see if it is possible/feasible compared to my
M9. It is certainly possible and much  easier and more reliable than the M9,
where the hit rate was low and process very hard and quirky. I will tell you
what I do, much easier to do than to summarize.
Nex7 and Novoflex adapter, the M 75 lens at 1.4. Shooting RAW and JPEG fine
bw, focus peaking high/red color...This allows you to see the bw and when in
focus the red color, this is very sensitive and easy to do. This leads to a
hit hit rate, can be done without tripod ,  certainly is reliable, much less
sketchy than on the M9. I use aperture priority of course, and ISO auto so
shooting in the almost dark at high ISO is very feasible with this setup.
Also works with the Noctilux at f1, but the Summilux 75mm at 1.4 is even
more demanding....
Happy to discuss off list...

steve

Message from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] mo)