Subject: [Leica] Paper for b&w printing
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:32:58 +0530

Jay,
The papers I use for my Epson 3885 - I print a lot because I take part
in multiple Print Exchanges every month:

Matte - Epson Velvet Fine Art, Somerset Photo Bright White and
Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308

Baryta: Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, Harmon Gloss FB AI and Hahnemuhle
Photo Rag Baryta

Proofing: Epson Premium Paper Semigloss, Epson Enhanced Matte.

Ilford have just released a paper specifically for B&W printing called
Ilford Gold Mono Silk - I will try that soon:

http://www.ilford.com/en/products/photo-inkjet/galerie-prestige/gold-mono-silk/

I find the Ilford GFS the best bang for the buck, even though I think
the other two Baryta papers give better results, though at an
appreciably higher cost. I like prints I have received on on Epson
Exhibition Fiber paper, though I have never tried it myself, as Epson
do not sell it here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Jayanand