Subject: [Leica] Theoretical mp limit?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 23:59:36 -0400

Hampered by the fact that there is no need. No practical advantage going
upping the rez of sensors to do quality work. I don't think there is a race
to up sensor density.
When one wants quality one does not use pinky fingernail sized sensors one
uses full frame or medium format. The sizes these sensors already come in
are well beyond need.
The marketing people might sell them as what you got that the photographer
down the street don't got. That's why them may still go up  a bit. So the
art director guys goes "this is the highest rez sensor available" and you
can go "yes". And you rent it.