Subject: [Leica] Re Peru
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 03:54:19 +0000

I really enjoyed Peru...  and  I'm a I want everything from 16mm to 200mm
when I travel kind of guy...  and you can see some examples of why looking
at the below pages...  You really do need to hike up and around Machu Picchu
to get the full perspective of the site....  Keep telling yourself that the
pictures are worth the effort of climbing... they are actually...   I loved
wandering Cuzco in the morning and late in the day to see the stone work...
I enjoyed Lima too and the Museo Oro del Peru...  although I heard something
about how there were a lot of reproductions of gold there...   the ceramics
and textiles were astounding...  and if you like historic guns and
weapons...  it had quite a collection...

I also loved being up at Machu Picchu after the tours and tourist left....
it is a beautiful spot....

http://ecuadorphotos.tripod.com/lima/lima.html

http://ecuadorphotos.tripod.com/ruins/ruins.html

http://ecuadorphotos.tripod.com/machu/machu.html