Subject: [Leica] Theoretical mp limit?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:08:27 +0000

I think there will be a limit on what is useful to fit on a 24mm x 36mm
sensor. 36MP already means that diffraction starts about f9, lenses need to
be very good (why Zeiss and Nikon are releasing new more expensive lenses)
and technique needs to be very good to get the best out. I have seen a
couple of people claim that the 24MP M and Sony RX1 give better (sharper?)
results than the D800E.

Finally who needs more MP on a 'small' sensor? 24MP upwards will make a
decent sized print, if you are often making very large prints then, as in
the film days, a larger sensor will be the way to go....

john

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Theoretical mp limit?)
Reply from lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] Theoretical mp limit?)
Reply from lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] Theoretical mp limit?)