Subject: [Leica] Nikon 58mm f1.4G
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:54:17 -0400

I find it an interesting move for Nikon.
Bring back the 1.2 Noct Nikkor but have it be a feasible 1.4 and have its
output really be very good and have the weight and size not over the top.
1600 bucks I think it cost.
Makes me want to get creative with money.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens/singlefocal/normal/af-s_nikkor58mmf_14g
/index.htm
Or
http://tinyurl.com/kztt2x2

- the outer element is well shielded by the lens itself like you expect to
find on many Macros but certainly not a 1.4 making the use of a hood fairly
optional as you can see by the diagram and pic.
A 72 mm filter size. They are big on not having this optic have falloff.
9 rounded blades
Approx. 385 G (13.6 oz)
Weighs ten grams less than my 90mm f2.8 Elmarit M.
And 15 grams more than my 80mm 1.8  D AF.
A lens I find to be not light.
Putting this lens as number one on the top of my most wanted list.
Or a reason to start taking my medication. Start wearing a tie. Put Wildroot
Cream oil charley in  my hair.