Subject: [Leica] Midocean assistance
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:36:23 -0500

I would hate to leave it in the hands of the people at the airport. They can
be as nasty as they feel like being, and after enduring tens of thousands of
travelers who don't like being scanned and partially disrobed, they have no
love for their jobs. I have had two terrible incidents, one in Seattle and
one in New Mexico. They were the reason I decided to buy an M8.

A disabled 70-year-old colleague was forced by New Orleans airport security
to take off his shoes and belt. Having no real use of his hands (progressive
neuropathy), he could not put on his shoes or belt afterward. They refused
to help him. He now takes the train.

Jeffery