Subject: [Leica] #4: "A DRAMATIC PHOTO OF THE HUMAN HANDS!" SCLEROPLEX
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 20:34:29 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "scleroplex" <scleroplex at gmail.com>
To: <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] ASSIGNMENT #4: "A DRAMATIC PHOTO OF THE HUMAN HANDS!"

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/scleroplex/hands.jpg.html

Hi bharani,
A very interesting try!  However you are close with concept without
question!
However these are the things wrong with the photo!

1/ You cropped off the head and finger tips.. PERIOD! Spoiling what could've
been a damn fine photo in the use of a "super-wide lens?"

The concept is wonderful and had such great potential for a dramatic image
due to the use of wide angle glass.

2/ This wasn't an incident that couldn't have been re-shot and absolutely
perfect as I assume you were using digital and could've seen how you chopped
the extremities?

3/ If I were your photo editor and this image was for a key position on a
health page of the magazine I'd fire you for mucking it up like this.

The other side is. you are a damn fine photographer as you've shown us on
many occasions, so I'm quite surprised you didn't re-shoot it without the
chop offs!

4*** Now remember the critiques are not personal! They're to encourage you
to do better and or point out the failure of a shot! Or better still,
appreciate  the accolades when a shot works wonderfully! As this one
could've of been! Such potential lost! :-(

Certainly as this one could've had such a smashing perfect out come.
Sorry mate. Better luck next time!

cheers,
Dr. ted