Subject: [Leica] Technical Problem from Film Era--can anyone help?
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:39:33 -0400

Great suggestions!  The Mamiya M645 is a bit of a strange animal: it has
interchangeable film inserts, but not interchangeable backs.  In other
words, you can pre-load film into the little holders and shoot to your
heart's content, popping one out at the end of a roll and quickly
reloading with a fresh roll.  Since I didn't have this problem when I
manually loaded each roll at a time (rather than popping in and out the
inserts), it may be that, indeed, the film became loose during the
switches.  I'll try it again by not pre-loading the inserts).