Subject: [Leica] Leica S2 visits Lambeau Field
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:28:19 -0400

Forty feet seems too close to ask for a wildlife guy I can only guess.
That could be way over a Junco's personal space line.
I know that Great Blue Heron's get nervous at 250 yards and by 150 yarns fly
away. That was my only bird job experience it was in Portland Oregon in a
big golf course by Jantzen beach. A known hang out for that Great Blue Heron
which had just been named Portland's official bird by mayor Bud Clark. Who
sounded like a bird himself.
My longest optic a 200 was a joke for the job as they can certainly see you
coming up the fairway. I ended up getting the shot in Oaks Park and cropping
like a son of a gun  as I never got close enough and the image appeared on
tee-shirts a childhood friend of mine in the rag biz made. The grain was not
an issue on the cloth. It was Tri X. I had to wake up at 4 am.
...which was at Oaks park hangout #2 for the Oregon Great Blue Heron.
Those I didn't make fly away before I clicked a few. It may have been from a
great distance they heard the click and that spooked them. ... On a Nikon
FE2.

As a kid I played the Cello and my Dad would ask: "can you play Far Far
Away?" never found that one in the Face Book.