Subject: [Leica] Facebook privacy
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:42:08 -0500

On Sep 17, 2013, at 12:49 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I think if facebook starting marketing our "Brand" our likeness  our
> thoughts needs desires

Facebook does indeed "sell" our thoughts, needs and desires.
That is how they can target messages to our "interests."

They also regularly offer to sell me the ability to offer my brand
to people they believe, based on fairly accurate demographic algorithms,
would have interest in my "brand."

This is not new or startling technology.
Pre-internet we all received "junk mail" based on information
which advertisers gained access to one way or another.
If you bought a new car you began to receive information
related to new car ownership.

Vendors, Advertising and PR firms
have been working this information for a very long time.

Current technology simply makes it a lot easier to crunch the numbers
and with a great deal more accuracy.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com