Subject: [Leica] Facebook privacy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 01:49:32 -0400

I think if facebook starting marketing our "Brand" our likeness  our
thoughts needs desires and pix to sell whatever product we happened to
mention it would slow down after it got hit by about ten thousand lawsuits
actions the 24 hours of it and a third of their clientele dropped off. I
think there is a faction who feels very threatened by Facebook and
overreacts to it and its potential threat to their precious bodily fluids. A
darned same one of these groups happens to be the ASMP they've seemed very
centered, organized and not off the deep end.
Its not a matter of how easy it would be to prosecute FB for using your
intellectual property of any ilk its a matter of how the headlines read with
little pix underneath of dozens of red faced photographers and normal people
who would now all of a sudden be  now ripped off by the now demonic Mark
Zuckerberg who is making real all of the lurking suspicious we've had about
him all this time. He's way too rich isn't he and his hair is way to red and
curly and his smile too big.
I think Mr. Z knows which hand is feeding him (the world) and is way too
smart to piss off this clientele (the world). A test stab is one thing but
its another to have such things really happen.
He's way to smart to weather the PR nightmare S*&T storm such ridiculous
wanton ripping off of people we are supposed to be paranoid about would
bring on to the Facebook "Brand". As in people dropping out  or pulling
their pix and other stuff off.
Myself and plenty of people would LOVE it if one of my pix showed up
somewhere making money for Mr. Z and not me as they'd get a lawsuit so fast
it would make their head spin.  Why work when you can gleefully sue now
proven demonical billionaires and easily win that's what I say? Though I
think it would be hard to get a lawyer because by then all of them would
have full workloads of other such lawsuits from the mad masses of people who
wake up earlier than I do with the same no doubt issue.

I'm going to do the smart thing by continuing to use the immense
capabilities of Facebook and not pull out until it appears evident MZ has
sprung himself a brain tumor and is ready to fully shoot himself in the
foot.
As I'm sure he has high tech diagnostic devices in  the middle of the west
wing of his combine house living system I doubt that is going to happen.

Most not all of the people who keep Facebook at a big  limited arms length
are the same ones who otherwise marginalize themselves constantly with anti
social personality you name it modes of behavior. The facebook paranoia
syndrome is a big red flag on that.. . The non people people.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Facebook privacy)