Subject: [Leica] Facebook privacity
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:17:24 -0500

Lluis,

Here is what I think happened.  Last night when I clicked on your photo, it
came up with a sidebar titled "sponsored".  In this sidebar was the
announcement about the prizefight.  I was just struck by the contrast
between that and one of the most beautiful photos I have seen in a while.
Today, when I clicked on the image only a sidebar with comments came up.  I
think when FB says "sponsored", it is not saying that the advertiser
sponsored your photo.  Instead I think it is just showing various ads in
case someone wanted to look at them.

So, I clicked on one of my FB photos:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200897285782093&set=a.102008972855
42087.1073741827.1463492767&type=1&theater
It has a sidebar for comments and "sponsored" by VA Benefits for Spouses and
others.  So, I conclude that FB is just showing ads and not necessarily
claiming that anyone has sponsored the photo. However, metadata for the
photo I uploaded to FB shows: Copyright Notice: (c)Kenneth L. Carney;
Copyright Status: Copyrighted; Rights Usage Terms: All Rights Reserved.  The
photo as downloaded from FB just now shows: Copyright Notice: blank;
Copyright Status: Unknown; Rights Usage Terms: blank.  Oddly enough, my
message uploading the photo shows "(c)Kenneth L. Carney".

I wish I could add more, but I think you are correct about the watermark.

Best,

Ken