Subject: [Leica] Hypothetical Nocti Question
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:25:20 -0700

Robert Adler OFFERED & ASKED:

> Hypothetically speaking:
> Assuming that you take an image that you like (so it's not the equipment,
> but the photographer)...
> If you took that image on the M9 vs the M(Type 240) at f/1 with a Gen 4
> Nocti
> Question 1: Would you notice a difference in a print that is 10x12,
> assuming no crop?
> Question 2: Would you notice a difference if you had to crop the image by
> 1/3ish for a 10x12 print?
> Question 3: Would it be a good idea to just keep the Noctilux glued to the
> M9 and use other lenses on the M if, the answers to 1 and 2 above "no" or
> "who cares"?
>
> Thanks for your patience with this hypothetical...:-)

Hi Bob,
Me being me when these kinds of questions come up and I only have an M8 and
a Noctilux f.1.0, circa 1961? " WHO CARES?" ;-) ;-) My usual answer for this
kind of query? :-)

I think anyone making a judgment on your question without the identical
equipment you describe to actually do some physical testing and blow-ups. At
least 13X20 or larger?

Anything offered without some type of visual printed test along those lines?
Their offerings, I imagine? Should be taken with a large helping of salt!
No?

Other wise just take camera in hand with the never ending beautiful Noctilux
and go merrily along clicking to your hearts content! :-)

Damn that's so easy! :-) Pictures look great? Smile and carry on! All
testing questions answered!

cheers,
Dr. ted ;-) ;-)

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Hypothetical Nocti Question)