Subject: [Leica] IMG;Twilight Zone Assignment Redux.. LARR Z.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 20:26:46 -0700

Larry Z. OFFERED:
Subject: [Leica] IMG;Twilight Zone Assignment Redux

> I'm sorry but I didn't read the assignment closely enough. It is TWILIGHT
> ZONE not TWILIGHT. Anyone can take a picture in the fading light of day.
> Look at all the sunset pictures snapped. As I recall the Twilight Zone was
> a TV show featuring mysterious, frightening,, sometimes supernatural,
> plots. Remember William Shatner on the wing of an airplane. So forget my
> picture of a friendly deer snapped in twilight.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Twilight+deer.jpg.html
> Here is a picture of my evil grandchildren direct from the TWILIGHT ZONE.
> Iy adheres closer to the assignment topic.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Grandchildren.jpg.html<<<<<<<<

Now LARRY,
"Yer grand children? Right? :-)

I think yer a mean grand Pa! ;-) ;-)  However once again what this points up
is? Not a mean grandpa, but a very imaginative one! Seriously! As I used my
children in many "News Feature" situations for more years than some of you
are old! If they got whining?  Buy them or promise an ice cream cone or
chocolate bar when the pictures where finished! ;-) It works! :-)

As much as I harp on you folks it's all about "SEE-CLICK!" There are times
when a request comes along for "IMAGINATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY?" Trust me it makes
the difference of a paying assignment and food on the table!  And all those
Twinkie do-dad apps wont save your butt! They're still only as good as you
are as a photographer "IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Eventually with some pretty good
app talents! ;-) I don't have any!" :-)

The imagination of the photographer when he/she has to come through with a
photograph requested by the "CITY DESK" when it's Halloween and you are
expected to come through with an imaginative Halloween front page photo! No
excuses!!!!!!

That's the difference between a photographer with imagination and a "flower
power"  shooter! :-(  Yep wide open for huge arguments! Been there .... YOU
CAN'T WIN!":-) Unless you've been there and had to supply the requests
without question!

Personally? I prefer  the photographer who has imagination, "see's quickly
and re-acts faster!" Than all the techie's in the world who couldn't get it
right with the first "CLICK!"

I do trust some of you are learning about the cold cruel world of
photography while earning your keep and credibility?

However? You must always see and re-act to it as the most fun filled career
you could possibly ever of had! And if you can't?  Get something else! It
truly is the greatest!

But the LUG is proving we have some pretty good "Cool-hand LUKE's on board!"
:-) :-) If you don't understand "COOL HAND LUKE?" Somebody please explain.
Thank you most kindly!

cheers,
Dr. ted