Subject: [Leica] Sony Full Frame NEX
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 00:08:16 -0500

I wish that they would funnel their billions into a digital rangefinder
camera that would accept Leica M lenses. A small Sony NEX that would accept
M lenses would also need an aftermarket add-on grip to make it less small.
And an accessory viewfinder. I don't need the face recognition feature. I'm
not Oliver Sacks.

Konica was bought by Minolta which was bought by Sony (or at least the lens
patents were). So how about making a digital Konica Hexar RF clone? Set it
apart from the competition by leaving off the LCD back (doing away with the
morass of menus can only help, and please just use raw mode). Give me a
button to format the card, preferably next to the card slot and battery
slot. I don't need modes. Combining camera modes with Photoshop plugin modes
gives me 706,651,684 possible combinations between the two. Just raw mode is
fine. The highest noiseless ISO as a default is fine. I don't want video
capability; why make viral videos of cops behaving badly? Do I really want
to piss them off so they handcuff me and shoot my well-intentioned dog? I
don't want bluetooth. I don't want GPS. If we wanted everyone to know where
we were, wouldn't we love paparazzi?

Jeffery

Sent from my iPad

Jeffery L. Smith