Subject: [Leica] Sony Full Frame NEX
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:00:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

John McMaster wrote:

>Interesting, Sony will have to produce a whole new range of lenses unless
>Alpha ones fit - then what does NEX offer over DSLRs?

Sony already has adapters to use alpha lenses on the NEX cameras with full
function.

>From my perspective what a full-frame NEX might offer is another R
>solution.  If the camera is capable of operating N and C lenses it may be
>technically feasible  to make an adapter with a ring motor to operate the
>auto diaphragm of an R lens and that allows full-aperture metering.

Absent the adapters what a NEX offers is the elimination of the mirror box
and its associated cost, vibration, complexity and calibration issues.  Say
goodbye and good riddance to AF micro adjustment.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com