Subject: [Leica] PESO: Hitch a ride
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:37:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jim Hemenway wrote:

>God gave us only so many heartbeats... I'm not going to waste them on
>exercise.

That's not how it works.  My Alaskan Malamute lived to 14 years old (10 to
12 is more typical).  His vet said his heart was unusually strong.  I ran
with him 3 to 4 miles nearly every day.  Likewise, my Siberian Husky
outlived the majority of his breed.  Four years ago when I needed a minor
surgical procedure the pre-op work revealed my heart was typical of a
40-year-old.  At the time I was 57.  I'm still running about 20 miles/week.
YMMV.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com