Subject: [Leica] is film dead?
From: csaganich at gmail.com (Chris Saganich)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:59:39 -0400

Yep,  I use a straight D23: 10g Metol, 100g Sodium Sulfite in 1 liter tap
water (hot from the tap when mixing.  The addition of a replenisher (D23R)
allows that one liter to be stretched out to 20 or more rolls.  Tap water
for a stop bath and distilled water squeeze bottle application to film when
hanging rather than photoflo.

Beware that developing your own B&W requires some trial and error regarding
development time and agitation, a small but rewarding hurdle.