Subject: [Leica] BLUR - My last words.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:03:34 -0400

In Portland Oregon where I spent most my time a few years back I went to the
rental color lab weekly sometimes daily and there was always a guy there
printing race cars. He was never not there. He most of darted away on
occasion to shoot them. He shot them with Fujicolor 100 on 35mm with of
course very long glass.
I asked him why the slow film to shoot the fast car and he told me they
wanted the backgrounds with the motion blur. No motion blur no sale. He sold
them to the individual drivers and owners. Also an issue with the color
saturation one gut from a 100 film you didn't quite get from a 400 film
those days. Mid 1990's.

My point being on the motion thing is the follow camera on subject and get
the background blur thing is really quite easy and effective. Many people
never try it or assume it would be tricky.
The subject itself comes out quite sharp. But the background races along.
It sounds tricky but its amazing how it tends to almost always work.
Your subject will be quite sharp if you follow it with your lens through the
viewfinder.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer