Subject: [Leica] $1000 per print.....
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:45:42 +0100

"scleroplex" <scleroplex at gmail.com> wrote
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/fashion/the-marginalized-front-and-center.html?_r=0

Baryshnikov? What's in a name? OK Daddy may have been a ballet dancer, but
the most important thing is he was a FAMOUS ballet dancer. A famous name, a
white wall and a large print all help to translate something that's possibly
quite slight into something that's quite covetable. I'm not saying the
buyers are impressionable, but they just might be :-)

On ballet connections in photography, may I humbly offer myself as an
example, and state I'm raising my prices accordingly. Alicia Markova - a
prima ballerina assoluta (see Wikipedia) - was my third cousin. I shall get
my tights out the next time I go out with a camera.....

Douglas