Subject: [Leica] Corpus Day 2013
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:57:23 +0900

Hi Luis,

when I see those photos in the LUG Gallery, I still see the effect that I
saw on the slideshow. Maybe it's just my monitor, or more likely just my
particular taste or preference, but it looks to me as if the whites have
been pulled down and the blacks pulled up, showing off many more tones, but
with less contrast.

I'm fine just seeing it as a matter of taste. A friend of mine processes
photos with a similar look, and while to me it looks unnatural, he holds
that it is a result much more natural because closer to what he says the
eye really sees.

By the way, I know that the photos cannot be real HDR, but there's
something about the way you have processed them that reminds me of HDR. I
am also aware that my technical knowledge of of dynamic range and computer
monitor reproduction is zilch, so I'm afraid I can't express what I mean
very well.

Best wishes,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your comment, I have examinated again the pictures
and in my opinion is not over processed, I don't use HDR, maybe the
conversion to a slideshow modify a little bit the pictures?.

I have created a new Album in the Leica Users Group Gallery and upload all
these pictures. I would appreciate very much your opinion and the others
before to re-process the picturs.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Corpus/

Thank you very much! any other c&c is always welcom!

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 19/07/2013, a las 06:03, Peter Cheyne escribi?:

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Corpus Day 2013)