Subject: [Leica] cat photo
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:44:47 -0500

Hi Howard,

I'm pretty happy with the 35 and the XE-1 also.  The camera does well at
higher ISO's (limited to 6400 in RAW, which is fine with me).  It obviously
has some input by photographers in the design.  On the back there is a
function button, which I have assigned to ISO.  Also there is an AE/AF lock
button right below it, so you can lock focus and exposure like the Canon and
Nikon SLR's.   Not sure about having the f stops on a ring on the lens,
though - wonder who thought that one up? :).   Frank Dernie says the 60mm
macro X lens (90mm) is as sharp as the 35, so that may be my next purchase.
One really outrageous idea might be to just stick with the 35mm (52).  I
remember reading about some old-time photographers that did that :).

Ken