Subject: [Leica] Valuable Thread?
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 01:41:09 -0400

George Lottermoser:

Drawing on the LUG Digest as time permits (and I'm not current yet), I want
to express my total agreement with your thoughts  and sentiments captioned
below. Sure there are excesses, but they're managed well for the most part.
The thread in question also helps me get to know members of this "unique,
international, virtual community."  I appreciate that. I'm comfortable with
and understand where the many "voices" are coming from. I share their love
of photography. I make allowances:  e.g., Even before Larry Z pointed it
out, I know him to be a cultural New Yorker. Chris Crawford is a young man
from the mid-West whose love of photography and roots speak volumes. Having
attended Ted Grant's Cape Cod Seminars for many, many  years I know Ted and
Tina from that venue, and so forth. Those I've never met are morphing into
identifiable personalities over time which keeps me glued to the LUG. Of
course I look forward to a return to the common ground that unites us around
photography, glass, and a body that feels just right in our hands. Your M5,
50 mm f1.2; Fuji X-Pro 1 guy, Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA

Re: "While many have expressed dismay over the "off topic" threads that come
up on the LUG

I just want to say that I find the threads valuable to understanding and
getting to know fellow LUGgers.

We can learn a lot from one another's photography; and opinions re: gear,
etc.

Though the recent thread has provided us with, IMO, a deeper understanding

of one another as well as the various cultures, historical periods, etc.;

all of which have a significant impact on "our photography."

Another opportunity to express my gratitude to Brian

for creating and maintaining this venue - unabridged;

and all active participants for creating this

unique, international, virtual community.

Regards,

George Lottermoser"