Subject: [Leica] Ansel Adams plays Peoria.... and if it plays there... it will play anywhere.... : )
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 05:54:27 +0000

If you happen to be near the Peoria/Central Illinois area....  or if it ends
up coming anywhere near where you live or travel.....  I highly recommend
visiting the exhibit of 120+ Ansel Adams images plus some family/personal
ancilary items...  including his 8x10 Deardorff camera.   I had never seen
an actually Ansel print...  only things in books/posters/calenders...   I
was amazed at how much more stunning they are to see in person...     it was
curated by his daughter-in-law...

As a photographer, you can definitely see the zone system in action...  with
at least one print taking the expansion way too far in my opinion...  but
all I could say was wow.....   wow....   wow.....   wow....
woooooowww.....

That and Ansel would have loved Photoshop.  : )

And as a framer.....   it was....   hmmm.  how many different ways can you
frame an Ansel Adams print....??   and... as a perfectionist....  I found
several that I would have cut another mat as something there just looks
crooked.....

but then again....  wowwwwww.....

http://www.peoriariverfrontmuseum.org/whats-happening-now/exhibitions/intl-features-gallery

Note:  There is not a whole of artwork excitement in the rest of the
musuem...  but there are a few wood rimmed bicycles made in Peoria... and a
very unusual car.. one of the first gasoline vehicles...  also next door is
the Catepillar visitor center/museum...  which is interesting as well...

Duane