Subject: [Leica] Two Saints' Day
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 09:24:25 +0530

They look quite happy, I must say.

JPII came to India once and in a televised public speech announced that the
RC Church's mission was to convert every Indian to Christianity - which
unsurprisingly led to a spate of immediate attacks against Christian
missionaries, even the death of a few. Seemed to be the sort of statement
that only a socially naive and feeble minded person would make - as it put
his minority flock in immediate danger of their lives (there are card
carrying fanatics in all religions, after all), unless, of course he wanted
precisely this to happen, to consolidate the tribe at the cost of a few
expendables. Just an aside...I have never really understood why he made
such a statement...

Cheers
Jayanand