Subject: [Leica] IMG and apology
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 16:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

 Sonny,
I truly apologize for my intemperate remarks. I have lived near New York for
50 years and have adopted the New York strategy that when anyone attacks
you, you strike back - hard. Otherwise people think you are a wimp and
disrespect you even more. See the movie "Taxi Driver" for an example.

I also didn't realize that you were not an unreconstructed southerner. It
must be difficult being a liberal Democrat in Louisiana. In days gone by I
traveled to Louisiana frequently as a consultant to the petrochemical
complexes in Baton Rouge. I found the state hard to take, both
environmentally and because of many of the bigoted attitudes of the locals.
I'm sure the feeling was mutual. For me, the only redeeming virtue was New
Orleans, a truly decadent enjoyable city. It was an adult Disneyland with
good food and excellent Dixieland music. Here is a photo snapped with a tiny
Minox camera during one of my walks by the waterfront.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/New+Orleans.jpg.html

I am not on any medications save for a couple of Tylenol a day for an
arthritic shoulder. I don't even have that excuse for my comments about
unconscious sexism. I'm just morally righteous. It's a personal failing.

I'm happy to hear that your house has been restored. We suffered damage
similar to yours in Hurricane Sandy. The last fallen 100 year old oaks were
removed from our house and driveway a couple of weeks ago. Living in a
wooded rural area is always risky but with the aid of a generator and a
chain saw, we manage.?Now all we have to worry about is the deer eating my
wife's flowers and the coyotes eating the deer.

Regards to a fellow Democrat in a Republican enclave. You are a Democrat
aren't you?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] IMG and apology)