Subject: [Leica] Re; Politically Incorrect terminology
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:11:17 -0700

On Jul 3, 2013, at 1:59 PM, lrzeitlin at aol.com wrote:

> I've been a semi-invalid for the last week recovering from cancer surgery
> and I've found the last few editions of the LUG to be a good substitute
> for "War of the Sexes." They take out the stiches in a few days and I
> should be back to my usual acerbic self.
>

> I personally am appalled at the cultural insensitivity to sexist
> terminology exhibited by many male LUG members. Despite the fact that some
> of us disagree with Tina's excessive regard for Leica equipment, we don't
> refer to her as a senorita...

I have to agree that the way senorita is used here on the LUG, I find to be
disrespectful to women, condescending, demeaning, and

ultimately sexist. We don't refer to young men by the equivalent.

If one of my daughters were photographed  by a LUG member and described in
these terms, that young lady would certainly not be

happy, and neither would her father.

Steve

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Re; Politically Incorrect terminology)
Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re; Politically Incorrect terminology)