Subject: [Leica] Political Correctness Changes with the Years
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 15:42:06 +0100

"Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote

member, held a fund-raising Pancake Day in conjunction with the makers of
Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix.  The pancake company had hired an attractive
African American lady to represent them as Aunt Jemima at these events.  My
photo appeared on the cover of the Tennessee Jaycees News Letter, and is the
only published photo I can claim.

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Pancake+1954_001.jpg.html

Jim, it's a nice shot, but, in passing, you also happened to capture the
start of the decline and fall of western civilisation. I'm referring to the
very idea of pre made up pancake mix! As a chico, and a culinary challenged
chico at that, even I would never dream of making pancakes other than with
flour, eggs, milk, a pinch of salt, and some armwork in a bowl.

Douglas