Subject: [Leica] 6 Mile Place
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 05:38:06 -0400

Thanks, Montie. I actually didn't think it would come out because the
contrast between the brightly lit sign and the rest of the photo (which
received very little light since the sun was almost completely gone). I
actually think after seeing and working with the developed neg, I could
have given another stop of exposure and still held the sign without it
blowing out...and got more shadow detail. I've been working with PMK
developer a lot and Ilford FP4, the film I used here, just looks
magnificent in it. It really holds tonality and detail in bright
highlights well.

This exposure was 4 seconds at f11. Metered at 2 seconds at f11.5, but I
increased exposure a stop and a half for reciprocity failure!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook