Subject: [Leica] Sony RX1R, now also the Sony A99
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:50:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Steve Barbour wrote:

>On Jun 28, 2013, at 8:26 AM, Jeffery Smith <jsmith342 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Having to plunk down another $400-$500 for a viewfinder would be a deal
>> breaker for me. I cannot shoot a camera outdoors while squinting at an
>> LCD.
>

>love to get your take, and that of Doug Herr on the sony alpha A 99...

I'd love to demo the A99.  As I understand it the translucent mirror is used
only for phase-detect AF and is removable.  Unfortunately not a lot of
native-mount long lenses made for it yet, and the performance of the Sony
1.4x and especially 2x extenders seems to be somewhat underwhelming.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Sony RX1R, now also the Sony A99)