Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica.....
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:31:24 +0000

> The modern Fuji cropped sensor would blow the old
> cropped  sensor of the M8 out of the water.  And need no filtration.

Other than a stronger IR filter and bigger sensor, is the M9 much different
to the M8? M8 sensor is still slightly larger than APS-C...

> Leica glass is great but a much better sensor gets around that advantage.

Oh dear, you cannot see a difference in Leica glass to other manufacturers?
A sharp lens is relatively easy to make, but one with character? So many to
choose from, but for me the 28mm Summicron, Noctilux, 75mm Summilux and
older Summilux/Summicron are some of the lenses without peers for
character....

john

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Buying Leica.....)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Buying Leica.....)