Subject: [Leica] Leica superiority or not
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:23:09 +0530

John,
I was just pointing out that the ability to shoot wide open is less
desirable than it once was - of course, for artistic reasons it will always
be useful. Even then, how shallow do you want it? It all depends on the
background, and the degree of environmental detail you want recognizable,
and I like a bit - but I have found I seldom have to shoot wider than f4 to
get adequate separation (even on APS-C bodies). YMMV, of course:

This 85mm at f8:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/ParthaFestN-20130623-392.jpg.html

85mm at f4:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/parrys/Parry_s_20121230_022.jpg.html