Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bromeliad blossoms bokeh
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 16:46:15 -0400

Nice color!
Terrific fuzz!
Shooting with a tripod lens wide open is a real man bites dog story!
Selective focus shots have to have the sharp area right up front where the
eye goes to first. The eye does not want to have to go searching!
My eye is moving around these shots trying to find the very small areas
which have useful (sharp) information.
Bokeh is a great thing from an expensive lens but I'll take flowers over
bokeh of flowers any day. Or at least have the sharp area were we can easily
find them.
And if I have my tripod with me I'm sure as hell going to stop down.