Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:51:58 +0100 (BST)

Lets not forget we are talking about Fuji here, they know quite a lot about
imaging...

I am shooting jpeg and raw on my X-Pro-1. The default Adobe chose for
Lightroom (and presumably Photoshop) in their raw converter is not as good
as Fuji have chosen for the camera. It may be one day, but it ain't yet.
Also, Fuji include an in camera raw to jpeg conversion which is a bit clunky
but better than Adobe have managed so far.
Also lets not forget that jpegs, despite being a lossy compression, contain
far more data than any printer so far invented can print.

I keep my raw files for archival reasons, just like my negatives, and in
case I want to modify them before printing. The Fuji jpegs give excellent
prints. They also offer the emulation of the look of some of the Fuji films,
but I haven't tried one of those yet!

FD

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson) ([Leica] Fuji XE-1)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Fuji XE-1)