Subject: [Leica] Chicago Sun Times
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 16:18:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>wrote:

>Here are some reflections on this, from the perspective of someone who
>cares about quality journalism but also recognizes that the industry is
>changing:

>http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/chicago-sun-times/

>Cheers,
>Nathan

>Nathan Wajsman
==========================================================================================================================================
A spot-on analysis, I think.  I've been very lucky.  Years ago my friends in
the news photographers association I belong to would imply that I could make
more money working on a newspaper than I did as an hourly employee at the
university, but I liked the prospect of more security (as well as the
different environment in which I worked), and stayed where I was.  I'm glad
I made it to retirement before this trend reached my niche.

To give you all a laugh, I still get The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and
Chicago Tribune every day, and on Sunday the New York Times as well.  Can't
shake the newspaper habit.  While I never took a journalism course, I shot
for the student paper in college, and all my friends were (are) journalists
(including my wife Kathryn).

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978